Monday, August 5, 2019

Start of a new blog

I'm planning to use this blog to explore fishing (including fisheries management and possibly fish keeping) in computer games, in depth. The first (possibly only) game I will be exploring is Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour from Dovetail Games, which I have been playing for the past few weeks on PS4.

I like FSW, but I'm not amongst the top players in the online tournaments. I think with some deliberate investigation I can make that breakthrough. I'm also curious about the underlying systems. Some questions I hope to answer over the next few weeks, by fishing deliberately and keeping records are:
  • How strong is the effect where higher test line discourages fish from biting? For optimal CPUE, is it better to use something other than the 80lb test line in the carp tournaments?
  • For match fishing, is it better to fish one rod using a float or ledger 3? 
  • What is the effect of hook size on landed size and CPUE?
  • What model is being used to determine the weight of the fish?
Also, I desperately want to know how to turn to look in the direction the boat is going while trolling. :-)

I will be streaming most of my FSW fishing on twitch:
Watch live video from tfernando77 on www.twitch.tv

I plan to approach my questions using appropriate statistics. Feel free to suggest other questions to investigate in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment