Friday, August 9, 2019

Notes on bait

Not writing up full notes, just some impressions..

So tonight in Fishing Sim World I fished the Match Tournament on Lake Travis, and the Manor Farm carp tournament. As of when I logged off I was in 38th place out of 100 in the Match Tournament- with a score of 18 (fish caught). I used only the top rod in the image below;
Although the tackle box says bluegill, I was essentially fishing for bass-- I just wasn't able to figure out how to target bluegill or crappie on Lake Travis at all.

I then fished the carp tournament. I was in 55th place out of 285 on the basis of my previous two attempts. Tonight I used the same Korda DF #6 rig, but changed the bait to Popup Tiger Nuts 15mm. In the previous attempt using CR1 Popups (14 mm) I had caught 581.75 lbs of fish, but 36.68 lbs were Tench so my carp weight was only 545.06 lbs. Tonight I caught 586.31 lbs of fish, but 32.81 lbs were Bream, and 43.80 lbs of Tench (Including a 12 lb trophy Tench named Baker), leaving 509.7 lbs of carp. The length/weight distributions are below.. black is Tiger Nuts, red is CR1:
It's interesting that the overall weight is about the same, though the species mix differed. I do think the biggest improvement to my approach would be to figure out how to land carp faster, rather than tinkering with the gear, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that.



No comments:

Post a Comment