Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Gigantica Road Lake

For the online tournaments which finished on Sunday, I came in 30th in the Match Series, 62nd in the Predator Series, and 70th on the carp circuit. This week, the predator and carp tournaments are both on DLC lakes, so there's only 1 shot for each, while the match tournament is on Waldsee, which is one of the base lakes, allowing 3 chances.

I tried the match tournament yesterday and … didn't do well. My Match fishing setup which worked well on Grand Union canal didn't catch anything, so I switched over to my carp rig in order to have at least a not embarrassing score.

For the carp tournament, I took my one entry tonight. I haven't fished Gigantica Road Lake at all, because it's a DLC lake I don't have. I used my basic carp rig, which is now the 13 ft Haichou Extreme rod, 80lb braid, Sonik Tournos 10000, Korda DF #6, and the 14mm CR1 Pop-ups:
(Image from a previous night of fishing)

As I was fishing, my sense was that the fishing was faster, because the carp were smaller. I did catch 26 fish in the 60 minutes of the tournament, weighing a total of 585 lbs, good enough to be in 28th place out of the 156 ppl who have fished the tournament so far this week.

The length/weight distribution is depicted below … Red points are for the Gigantica Road Lake, Black for Grand Union Canal, Blue for Manor Farm, and Green for Waldsee. I've left trophy fish off this graph.

We're getting close at this point, to where I should start doing species/lake regressions to see how the fish are being modelled/see if there's a common length/weight model or if there are lake and species specific models, and see if the length/weight relationship is being modelled using the standard (cubic) form of the length weight relation.

No comments:

Post a Comment